Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mermaid & A Pirate!!

Today it is my turn to showcase the fun Pirate sets at Getting Cricky There are 2 sets 1 image and 1 sentiments that go together perfectly!!

K Andrew DesignsK Andrew Designs

For the First card I used the Image stamps to make this scene card


For this scene I have stamped and coloured the palm tree and boat I then paper pieced the mermaid to give her some extra colour, she is sitting on a shell from the Cricut cartridge Paper Doll Dress ups as does the sand, the waves are from Disney Happily Ever After and the clouds and sun are from Hello Kitty Greetings. The sand was lightly inked. 


I must say the paper piecing cam up a treat and I will be using this method again!! She and the palm tree are from the Pirate  Image Stamp Set

The sentiment on this card is a simple Ahoy and the ship came from the same stamp set Pirate Tales & Fish Scales


The second card is a cutie too


This one is called Pirate Honey and is from All That Scraps and was coloured using water coloured pencils and a blending pen


The sentiment is from Pirate Tales and Fish Scales and just fits this image perfectly!! 


I finished the card with some orange twine that is available from K Andrew Designs!! This is such a bargain and great twine get your today before its all gone!! 

Have a Crafty Day, Cheers Jennie



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are so fabulous, Jennie!! That is the cutest pirate and I love, love the mermaid!! Great job :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Jennie this is the cutest! I love the scene :D Thanks so much for your lovely comments and for becoming a follower....I am now following you too! :D